World Flying Disc Federation – Call for Sanctioned Event Bids
WFDF 2017 World Under 24 Ultimate Championships (WU24)
WFDF's Ultimate Committee and Board of Directors are seeking bids from potential host organisers for the WFDF 2017 World Under 24 Ultimate Championships (WU24 2017).
The event is held bi-annually and is comprised of National Teams competing in three divisions. The event (previously named WU23) was last held in 2013 in Toronto and will be hosted in July 2015 in London.
The WU24 is open to all players who are fourteen (14) years old or older and do not turn twenty-four (24) years of age during the calendar year in which the tournament takes place. Please note the adjustment to WU24 is a NAME CHANGE ONLY from the previous WU23 events and note that there has been NO change to the player age restrictions from previous WU23 tournaments.
• Applicants are requested to inform WFDF of their intention to bid by May 31, 2015
• The deadline for submitting completed bids and provisional budget is July 15, 2015
• Bid review process and 2nd round questions will be completed by August 31, 2015
• It is anticipated that bids will be awarded and announced no later than September 30, 2015
• Required standard fields (100m x 37m + 5m buffer zone): 12-15 fields
• Expected number of teams: 40
• Divisions to be contested: Open U24, Women's U24, Mixed U24
• Length of tournament: 6-7 days
Although a potential bidder can approach WFDF if they need flexibility, the preferred date range for the event is June 25, 2017 – August 20, 2017.
Bids will be reviewed by the WFDF Events Sub-Committee and by the WFDF Ultimate Committee with a final approval upon their recommendation by the WFDF Board of Directors.
Templates & Guidelines
If you have any questions about this event or the process of bidding, please contact;
• Karina Woldt – WFDF Event Manager. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Brian Gisel – WFDF Ultimate Committee Chair. (email@example.com)
• Volker Bernardi – WFDF Executive Director. (firstname.lastname@example.org)