The World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF) is pleased to announce the formation of a new WFDF Information Technology (IT) Committee to assist the board in evaluating upgrades to its systems over the next two years and oversee the work of a paid administrator.
The newly formed WFDF IT Committee will be chaired on an interim basis by Luke Tobiasiewicz and is made up of volunteers from all around the globe. Drawing experience from all facets of IT provision, the members of the committee also represent all areas of flying disc sports from Ultimate to Guts, SOTG to Streaming, Events to Governance, and more. The committee will aim to advise the WFDF board on how best to leverage IT in solving some of the challenges facing our growing sport and providing long term solutions that can benefit Athletes, National Federations as well as WFDF staff and volunteers. The members of the committee are Rueben Berg (AUS), Maximiliano Chiale (URU), Bruno Gravato (POR), Wolfgang Maehr (AUT), Sören Petersen (GER), and Travis Smith (CAN).
There are many projects that are being considered to improve the efficiency of the organization, but the following projects have been deemed to be the most pressing. Such projects can include a review and confirmation of current systems, purchase of outside systems, in-house development, development of new procedures, etc.
- Review and recommendation of a consultant to serve as WFDF’s Systems Administrator
- Beta testing of and recommendations regarding the roll-out of WFDF’s updated web site
- Electronic Score Reporting
- Rules Accreditation Testing
- Registration System for Events
- GDPR Compliance Review (including information on athletes)
- Arrangements for Servers and Cloud Storage Providers
- Update of “WFDF Office” (digital filing system)
- Replacement (and archiving) of yahoogroups listservers
- Update of Memberlink System for direct communications to interested parties
- Streamlining of Mechanism to Communicate with Member Associations and for Voting
- Electronic SOTG Voting System
- Disc Skills Proficiency Certification System
- System for Tracking and Allocating Consultants Work Hours
If there is anyone else interested in getting involved, then please get in touch with the temporary Committee Chair – Luke Tobiasiewicz – email@example.com and he’ll put you to work!