The World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF) Board of Directors, Ultimate Committee and Beach Committee are seeking bids from potential host organizers for the upcoming 2021 and 2022 WFDF Championship events.
WFDF will select one (1) Tournament Organizing Committee (TOC) per event to host the following Grass Ultimate & Beach Ultimate events:
- WFDF 2021 All African Ultimate Championships (AAUC)
- WFDF 2021 Asia Oceanic Ultimate and Guts Championships (AOUGC)
- WFDF 2021 Pan American Ultimate Championships (PAUC)
- WFDF 2021 World Beach Ultimate Championships (WBUC)
- WFDF 2021 World Under-24 Ultimate Championships (WU24)
- WFDF 2022 World Junior Ultimate Championships (WJUC)
- WFDF 2022 World Masters Ultimate Club Championships (WMUCC)
- WFDF 2022 World Ultimate Club Championships (WUCC)
Any individual, group, organization or club may bid to host one or more WFDF event. If you are considering in preparing a bid, we kindly ask for initial expressions of interest (EoI) from all prospective bidders/hosts. The details collected during the EoI phase are intended to provide a basic overview of all candidates and to enable WFDF to deal direct in supplying advice, templates and bid guideline documents.
All information received throughout the event bidding process will be treated with confidence. The EoI is the first phase of the bid process and only those who fill out the online EOI bidding form and submit by the deadline will be invited to proceed to the next stage of the bid process.
Stages of Bidding
- Stage 1 – EoI– Applicants are requested to inform WFDF of their intention to bid PRIOR to midnight on the EOI Date in the following “Appendix: Bidding Parameters” for the event for which you are interested in bidding.
- Stage 2 – Submission– The deadline for submitting completed bids and provisional budget is PRIOR to midnight on the Bid Submission Date in the following “Appendix: Bidding Parameters” for the event for which you are interested in bidding.
- Stage 3 – Review– The bid review process and 2nd round questions/interviews will be carried out throughout the months post submission
- Stage 4 – Appointment/Contract– It is anticipated that WFDF Ultimate and Beach Ultimate bids will be awarded and announced by the published “announce date”
Although a potential bidder can approach WFDF if they need flexibility, the preferred date range for these events are June through August. We are much more flexible for Continental Championships. Please consider weather at your location.
Grass Ultimate Bids will be reviewed by the WFDF Events Sub-Committee and by the WFDF Ultimate Committee with a final approval upon their recommendation by the WFDF Board of Directors. Beach Ultimate event bids will be reviewed by the WFDF Beach Ultimate Committee and WFDF Events Team with a final approval upon their recommendation by the WFDF Board of Directors.
Templates & Guidelines
Step 1– Fill out the Expression of Interest to host form (EoI)
Step 2– Bid submission – all bid and budget templates and bid guidelines will be provided upon receipt of your EoI.
Tournament information (see table on page here)
- Required standard fields (GRASS ULTIMATE 100m x 37m + 5m buffer zone)
- Required standard fields (BEACH ULTIMATE 75m x 25m + 5m buffer zone)
- Expected number of teams (given as an estimate only)
- Divisions to be contested : Men’s (M), Women’s (W), Mixed (X), Master Men’s (MM), Master Women’s (MW), Master Mixed (MX), Grand Master Men’s (GMM), Grand Master Women’s (GMW), Grand Master Mixed (GMX), Men’s Under 24 (MU24), Women’s Under 24 (WU24), Mixed Under 24 (XU24), Men’s Under 20 (MU20), Women’s Under 20 (WU20), Mixed Under 20 (XU20) – NOTE – at least 6 countries will need to register to make a division viable.
- Duration of tournament – to be used as a guide for planning purposes
If you have any questions about this event or the process of bidding, please contact;