The World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF) has released a new version of the Appendix to the Rules of Ultimate 2017. The new version came into effect as of 1 January 2020.
These rules will be used for all WFDF Ultimate Events in 2020, including the upcoming World Ultimate and Guts Championships, World Junior Ultimate Championships, and World Masters Ultimate Championships. Non-WFDF event organizers may also choose to use these rules for their events.
These are the main changes for version 4.0:
● Change the name of the “Men’s” Division to the “Open” Division
● Adjustments to the seeding and bids process
● Changes to offside penalties
● New hand signals for “4 Men” and “4 Women” (Updated hand signals will be released later in 2020)
● Direction on how photographic or video footage should be used
● Guidance on how to deal with dangerous plays
● Changes to receiving fouls for contact that occurs after a block
The new appendix can be found at
Watch Chair of the WFDF Ultimate Rules Sub-Committee, Rueben Berg, explain the new 2020 Appendix rules on receiving fouls on YouTube: https://youtu.be/zsVrqE57Gqs
The WFDF Rules of Ultimate were last updated in 2017 and new beach Ultimate rules were introduced in 2019. WFDF maintains a website at rules.wfdf.sport that provides resources, definitions, videos and translations.
If you have any questions or comments about these rules changes, please contact the Chair of the WFDF Ultimate Rules Sub-Committee, Rueben Berg: firstname.lastname@example.org