The World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF) has released a new version of the Appendix to the Rules of Ultimate 2021-2024. The new version came into effect as of 1 January 2022.
These rules will be used for all WFDF Ultimate Events in 2022, including the upcoming World Ultimate Club Championships, World Junior Ultimate Championships, and World Masters Ultimate Club Championships. Non-WFDF event organizers may also choose to use these rules for their events.
These are the main changes for version 2.0:
- A6.2.2 -. For Mixed games, adding the “prescribed pull” rule to specify which players are able to undertake the pull, based on the personnel ratio. To be implemented in 2023.
- B1.2.1 – Maximum roster limit to be reduced from 28 to 26 players. To be implemented in 2023.
- D4.7 – Increase the minimum age for players in the U20 division to 14 years of age. Players who are 12 or 13 years of age may participate with the approval of their parents/guardians, coach and National Federation.
- E5.3 – Add host bids in all divisions for Club team events.
- E7.7 – Allow for possibility of not playing a Bronze Medal game at the discretion of WFDF. In this case 2 teams will win the bronze medal and be awarded medals. This option may open up scheduling flexibility at the end of the event for showcase, broadcast and visibility reasons. This decision will be dependent on many factors.
The new appendix can be found at
The WFDF Rules of Ultimate were last updated in January 2021 and updated Beach Ultimate rules were introduced in December 2021. WFDF maintains a website at rules.wfdf.sport that provides resources, definitions, videos and translations.
If you have any questions or comments about these rules changes, please contact the Chair of the WFDF Ultimate Rules Sub-Committee, Rueben Berg: firstname.lastname@example.org