The World Flying Disc Federation is looking for volunteers for a newly created Communications and Marketing Committee tasked with helping grow WFDF’s reach and brand presence across digital and social platforms, with a focus on engagement and sustainable growth. WFDF is seeking to enhance the visibility of the sport both within the Flying Disc community and in the broader sports enthusiast marketplace.
Members of the committee would work closely with the Managing Director of Communications and Global Media and senior WFDF staff to create campaigns, strategies, and communication plans that highlight the best the Flying Disc community has to offer.
WFDF seeks committee members with expertise in the following areas:
- Writing event and organizational press releases
- Digital content creation
- Audience engagement
- Social media strategy
- Newsletter writing and promotion
- Graphic design
Examples of the types of projects and ongoing work anticipated for the Committee include:
- Editing and post-production of video clips for social media from major events
- Development of a strategy to greatly improve WFDF’s digital presence both within the Flying Disc community and in the broader sports enthusiast marketplace
- Promote both the stars of the game and the special interest stories from the grassroots to create compelling narratives that audiences want to follow
- Enhance communications about key initiatives being pursued by WFDF from various members of WFDF’s leadership
- Develop and/or update static content for the WFDF website
- Identify opportunities to improve WFDF’s use of social media and develop or gather content, for the broad range of media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Linkedin, Wikipedia, and other relevant platforms
We welcome applications from candidates from a variety of backgrounds who are passionate about Flying Disc sports and telling the stories that will captivate our community. We are also willing to consider applications from potential interns who have a skillset and commitment that would advance the work of the Committee in a shorter time frame.
Those interested in joining the committee should send a resume and cover note to Jen Thomas, Managing Director of Communications and Global Media, at email@example.com.