Sport Development / Parasport
The WFDF has two programs to support initiatives that help develop disc sports globally:
The WFDF Development Grants Program supports a broad range of projects, including the introduction of Flying Disc sports into new countries, the expansion of Flying Disc sports activities in developing countries, gender inclusion projects, programs for spirit of the game education, youth programs, coaches training, anti-doping education and other areas. Grants can be for up to US$1,500, including the value of discs that may be a part of the request, and may go to fund activities for up to 15 months from the date of the award. The program is not limited to projects sponsored by WFDF member countries but explicitly calls for initiatives or projects by individuals or groups, particularly in new countries. The deadline to submit applications for the 2022 round of funding is end of May 2022.
Applicants must complete the
Allocation will be made by late September, and the main criteria will be the project's sustainability and long lasting impact in the affected area. Grant recipients will be required to submit a final report on their activities and their outcome.
The respective deadlines for the 2022/23 procedure can be found in the application form.
- Serbia - Raising awareness - ultimate in Serbia, youth members (SRB) – EUROPE
- India - Frisbee at Sport for Development Exemplar Centre (IND) – ASIA
- Mali - Development of Flying Disc activities in Mali (MLI) – AFRICA
- Canada Indigenous - Honour Your Health Challenge (HYHC) (CAN) – AMERICA
- Ethiopia - Training of trainers (Phys Ed Teachers) of Disc Golf - (ETH) – AFRICA
- Albania - Establishing the national federation (ALB) – EUROPE
- Rwanda - Kickstarting the expansion of Flying Disc (RWA) – AFRICA