An important part of maintaining good spirit of the game, is by providing direct feedback. Any feedback should be constructive. There are various ways that feedback can occur:
- Collect spirit scores at the end of each game, and award a spirit prize at the end of the competition
- Let you opponents know at the end of the game what spirit score you are giving them, and why.
- Talk to players on your own team if you think they have problems with their spirit.
- Get your captain to talk to the opposing captain if there is a problem with spirit during a game.
- If you are an event organiser, reward teams who get good spirit scores with automatic bids next year, and consider banning teams who get consistently poor spirit scores.