Ultimate, Beach Ultimate, Wheelchair Ultimate, Overall and Team Disc Golf Events
The World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF) Board of Directors and respective Disc Sport Committees are seeking bids from potential host organizers for the upcoming 2025 and 2026 WFDF Flying Disc Championship events.
WFDF will select one (1) Local Organizing Committee (LOC) per event to host the following events:
● WFDF 2025 World Beach Ultimate Championships (WBUC)
● WFDF 2025 World Overall Flying Disc Championship (WOC)
● WFDF 2025 All African Ultimate or Beach Ultimate Championships (AAUC or AABUC)
● WFDF 2025 Asia Oceanic Ultimate and Guts Championships (AOUGC)
● WFDF 2025 Pan American Ultimate Championships (PAUC)
● WFDF 2025 World Under-24 Ultimate Championships (WU24)
● WFDF 2025 World Wheelchair Ultimate Championships (WWUC)
● WFDF 2026 European Team Disc Golf Championship (ETDGC)
● WFDF 2026 Pan-American Team Disc Golf Championship (PATDGC)
● WFDF 2026 Asia-Oceanic Team Disc Golf Championship (AOTDGC)
● WFDF 2026 World Junior Ultimate Championships (WJUC)
● WFDF 2026 World Masters Ultimate Championships (WMUCC)
● WFDF 2026 World Ultimate Club Championships (WUCC)
● WFDF 2026 World Guts Club Championship (WGCC)
Any individual, group, organization or club may bid to host one or more WFDF events. If you are considering preparing a bid, we kindly ask for initial expressions of interest (EoI) from all prospective bidders/hosts. The details collected during the EoIphase are intended to provide a basic overview of all candidates and to enable WFDF to deal directly in supplying advice, templates and bid guideline documents.
All information received throughout the event bidding process will be treated with confidence. The EoI is the first phase of the bid process and only those who fill out the online EOI bidding form and submit by the deadline will be invited to proceed to the next stage of the bid process.
● Stage 2 – Submission – The deadline for submitting completed bids and provisional budget is PRIOR to midnight on the Bid Submission Date in the following “Appendix: Bidding Parameters” for the event for which you are interested in bidding.
● Stage 3 – Review – The bid review process and 2nd round questions/interviews will be carried out throughout the months post submission
● Stage 4 – Appointment/Contract – It is anticipated that the relevant WFDF Sport Committees will select and nominate most suitable candidates before the WFDF Board of Directors formally approve and vote on successful bids which will then be announced by the published “announce date”
Potential bidders can approach WFDF if they need flexibility or advice on date ranges for these events. We are much more flexible for Continental Championships and smaller events and can advise you based on your location what time of year would be most suitable. Please consider the weather and venue availability for your location. Event dates might require some manipulation to fit in with venue availability, school holidays and a busy events calendar, so LOC’s are encouraged to present at least three different event dates if possible.
WFDF would consider appointing a venue with a combination of more than one event only to an experienced candidate. Bidding candidates are encouraged to bid for one or more events if you would be interested to host one or the other if you have an experienced and proven event team.
● Grass and Wheelchair Ultimate event bids will be reviewed by the WFDF Ultimate Events Sub-Committee and by the WFDF Ultimate Committee with a final approval upon their recommendation by the WFDF Board of Directors.
● Beach Ultimate event bids will be reviewed by the WFDF Beach Ultimate Committee and WFDF Events Team with a final approval upon their recommendation by the WFDF Board of Directors.
● Disc Golf event bids will be reviewed by the WFDF Disc Golf Committee and WFDF Events Team with a final approval upon their recommendation by the WFDF Board of Directors.
National Federation Endorsement
All bids must be recognised and endorsed by the National Flying Disc Association of the country where the bid venue is located. WFDF may consider more than one bid per event per country, but only if all such bids are endorsed by WFDF’s member National Federation.
Templates & Guidelines
Step 1 – Fill out the Expression of Interest to host form (EoI)https://forms.gle/koYN6hL4CToZbibP8
Step 2 – Bid submission – all bid and budget templates and bid guidelines will be provided upon receipt of your EoI. (we suggest you fill out the EOI as soon as possible to give you more time with the bid documents)
Tournament information (see table on next page)
● Required standard fields (GRASS ULTIMATE 100m x 37m + 5m buffer zone)
● Required standard fields (BEACH ULTIMATE 75m x 25m + 5m buffer zone)
● Required standard venue (OVERALL consists of Accuracy, SCF, Distance, Disc Golf, DIscathon, DDC and Freestyle requiring suitable venues for each discipline
● Required Disc Golf Venue – at least one full course with 18 baskets (ideally two)
● Expected number of teams (given as an estimate only)
● Divisions to be contested : Open (O), Women’s (W), Mixed (X), Master Open(MO), Master Women’s (MW), Master Mixed (MX), Grand Master Open (GMO), Grand Master Women’s (GMW), Grand Master Mixed (GMX), Open Under 24 (OU24), Women’s Under 24 (WU24), Mixed Under 24 (XU24), Open Under 20 (OU20), Women’s Under 20 (WU20), Mixed Under 20 (XU20) – NOTE, at least 6 countries will need to register to make a division viable.
● Duration of tournament – to be used as a guide for planning purposes
If you have any questions about this event or the process of bidding, please contact Ms Karina Woldt, WFDF Managing Director, Events & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|WFDF Championship Event||Estimated Divisions||Estimated Venue/ Fields||Estimated teams||Duration (days)||EoI Date||Bid Submission Date||Announce Date|
|WBUC 2025(World Beach)||O, W, X Masters probable||16-20||100||7||15th November 2023||20th December 2023||15th February 2024|
|WOC 2025(Overall)||Individual||Freestyle hall, Accuracy, Distance, SCF, DDC and Discathon venue and Disc Golf Course||100 ind.||7||15th November 2023||20th December 2023||15th February 2024|
|AAUC 2025orAABUC 2025(All Africa)||X||4||8-12||3||15th November 2023||15th January 2024||15th March 2024|
|AOUGC 2025(Asia Oceanic Grass)||O, W, X Masters||11||28-36||5||15th November 2023||15th January 2024||15th March 2024|
|PAUC 2025(PanAm Grass)||O, W, X Masters probable||14+||40-50||6||15th November 2023||15th January 2024||15th March 2024|
|WU24 2025(Under-24 grass)||MU24, WU24, XU24||16-18||36-48||8||15th November 2023||15th January 2024||15th March 2024|
|WWUC 2025(Wheelchair Ultimate)||O,W.X||2+ basketball courts (with wheelchair hotel/transport)||8||3-4||15th November 2023||15th January 2024||15th March 2024|
|ETDGC 2025(European Disc Golf)||Teams of 6||1 x 18 basket course||5||3-4||15th November 2023||15th January 2024||15th March 2024|
|PATDGC 2025(Pan-Am Disc Golf)||Teams of 6||1 x 18 basket course||5||3-4||15th November 2023||15th January 2024||15th March 2024|
|AOTDGC 2025(Asia-Oceanic Disc Golf)||Teams of 6||1 x 18 basket course||5||3-4||15th November 2023||15th January 2024||15th March 2024|
|WJUC 2024(Juniors Ultimate)||OU20, WU20, XU20||16-18||40-45||8||15th November 2023||15th February 2024||15th April 2024|
|WMUCC 2026(Masters Ultimate- Clubs)||MO, MW, MX, with older Masters divisions probable||20+||70||8||15th November 2023||15th March 2024||15th May 2024|
|WUCC 2026(Worlds Ultimate – Clubs)||M, W, X||40||120||8||15th November 2023||15th March 2024||15th May 2024|
|WGCC 2026(Worlds Guts – Clubs)||X||2 fields||10||4||15th November 2023||15th March 2024||15th May 2024|